Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Here's Your Host ... Conan O'Brien!

Today's J Squared column is an update on the status and whereabouts of Conan O'Brien. I've always been a big fan, even back when he had a show opposite Craig Kilborn. I was excited to hear the news he would replace Jay Leno at "The Tonight Show" in 2009. I remember calculating that I would be home from my mission in time to see Conan take the reins.

Of course, everyone knows how long that lasted. NBC declared the "Tonight Show" a state of emergency before a single raindrop fell. Conan, who was always more cult than mainstream, wasn't conventional enough for a network unwilling to experiment.

And, in true Conan fashion, that didn't get the Fighting Irishman down. He hit the road and performed for his adoring fans, made it to the Time 100 list and has a show on TBS starting in November.

I wrote this column based on Conan's interview with 60 Minutes. It's a must-see for any member of Team Coco. You can watch it here:

60 Minutes - 5/2/2010

And you can read my column here:

The Host with the Most

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...