Monday, April 26, 2010

On the Clock

Whew!

I just finished my first day on the job. I got to the newsroom at 12:15 p.m. and didn't leave the Brimhall Building until 8:00. It went by really quickly though. Once I learned the password to the Gmail account, cleaned out the email inbox and became rapidly acquainted with Adobe InDesign, there was nothing to it.

I wrote my first column, too! Just a little bit about the new spring semester and also a little bit about myself. I got to brag about my growing family. I even mentioned my soon-to-be-born daughter! She'll be famous before she's even born!

I'm already thinking of ideas for Thursday's page. Rich told me about the BYU women's rugby team (a whole semester on the sports desk and I didn't know there was a women's rugby team), who voluntarily dropped out of the championships because they didn't want to play on Sunday. That sounds like a rare opportunity for positive news. It would certainly be more uplifting than me ranting about Arizona.

Be sure to check out tomorrow's edition of The Daily Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...