Thursday, April 29, 2010

Host Families Share Homes and Friendship with Owlz (April 29, 2010)

My final story from COMMS 321 made it in today's paper!

Host families share homes and friendship with Owlz

This story was really a lot of fun to write. It made an Owlz fan out of me. It was great to get to know these families and everything they do to support minor league baseball. Baseball may be dying out in popularity these days, but there will always be a special place in my heart for it.

Soon, I'll be checking out the BYU baseball schedule and the Orem Owlz schedule. I want to be sure to make it to a lot of baseball games this summer.

Did you know I haven't sat down and watched a live baseball game since ... 2004? Yikes. Well, I didn't play my senior year in high school. I told myself I would go watch my high school team, but for some reason I ended up seeing only softball games. And soon after that I flew off to Cordoba, Argentina for two years. Not much baseball there.

Anyway, I am excited for the smell of the grass and the crack of the bat! Play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...