Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Very First Opinion Page

I've seen my name in print before, but today is a little different. I put together an entire page! I laid out and wrote part of page 3 of today's Daily Universe.

I haven't yet checked for any responses in the du.letters@gmail.com inbox...that might be interesting.

Anyway, here's what you can find on page 3:

- To those who are leaving us, a viewpoint from BYU's Pulitzer Prize-winning professor John Hughes
- The first edition of J Squared, a new column I created for myself
- A few letters: Open letter to Arizona, Spring break is vital, More women in business and Tenure and apathy
- And three cartoons. Here's the one I did:

This cartoon might already be outdated. But I just thought it was interesting to compare and contrast Tiger Woods' and Ben Roethlisberger's situations. It seemed to me like all anyone was talking about was the question of Tiger's return, and a little later everyone was talking about how long to keep Roethlisberger out of the NFL. Now, I know there are some major differences between them (Woods cheated on his wife, but Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault...Woods never broke the law, Roethlisberger was charged...Woods voluntarily took a break from golf, Roethlisberger was facing punitive measures from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell...). But, at the very least, they're both fun to caricature.

If you want to look at the whole page, go here and look at page 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...