Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sunny days, sweepin' the clouds away

Here's yet another take on Mitt Romney downsizing Big Bird and PBS.

(click on it to make it larger)
My original idea was to have Big Bird and the gang do all these lame jobs. But somewhere in the brainstorming session my ideas turned into things these characters would actually enjoy. Which I think works for a cartoon a week after the debate - it can work as a sort of "reaction to the reaction." And maybe it's a little softer on Mitt Romney, which I'm noticing a lot of cartoonists have done. Maybe it's because he's ahead in some polls now? After the debate last week, President Obama is the easier one to make fun of.

Anyway, because this cartoon is basically seven cartoons combined, it's really tiny in the paper. Lucky for you, you get to see it on my blog!

On a related note...here's Big Bird visiting "Weekend Update."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...