Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Safe!

I was actually a little surprised The Daily Iowan published this cartoon, because I wasn't sure if it expressed an overall consensus about Monday's foreign policy debate or if it was just my own opinion.

It seems like all the commentators were saying Barack Obama won the debate hands down. But I actually think Mitt Romney did a good job. I didn't agree with all of his positions (and a lot of where I did agree with him, he also agreed with the president), and of course there were a few inaccurate statements, but he seemed to know what he was talking about.

President Obama definitely had the best zinger of the night. But other than that, I think the main thing that benefited him in the foreign policy is that he's done this before.

Plus, it combines political news with news in the sports world, and Game 7 of Cardinals v. Giants.
 Just imagine if it were Herman Cain. Or Donald Trump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...