Friday, October 5, 2012

Livin' on a Prayer

Bon Jovi is coming to town to put on a free concert for the Obama campaign.

Another hyperlocal story to cartoonize. So I thought of ways to combine politics and a rock concert, and my first thought was to have Jon Bon Jovi singing about budget figures or something boring like that. But as I thought about it more, I invoked my inner Weird Al and came up with something of a song parody.

In case you haven't guessed it: it's to the tune of the chorus in "Livin' on a Prayer."
This was also a chance to exaggerate and make fun of President Obama. So for any of you who think I'm a hopeless Obamaphile, don't worry, I can mock both sides of the aisle.

Whoa, that rhymed. Maybe I should look into the song parody business.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnhvjnPUsw1qdezf9o1_500.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...