Thursday, March 22, 2012

Elvis has entered the building

For The Ticket this week, I wrote an article about "Bye Bye Birdie" playing at the SCERA Center. Even though it's not a high school production, all the actors are local high school kids. Since they are in class while I'm at the newsroom, I did most of the interviews by email and I wasn't sure how that would turn out. But everyone emailed me back, and I got some great stuff.

'Bye Bye Birdie' to greet SCERA patrons

The story I tell at the beginning of the article comes from Erin's, Allisyn's and my trip to Washington, D.C., last summer. You can see the letter I quoted here.

Maren Wilson as Kim McAfee and Christian Wawro as Conrad Birdie, photo by Mark A. Philbrick
My second article was about Rags & Ribbons, another Portland-based band and another band on their way back from SXSW.

Portland-based band Rags and Ribbons to rock Provo

You can listen to their music here.

Photo courtesy of XO Publicity


And, the briefs:

Perfect Date: Color her world

Sound Hot Ticket: Legend status

Arts briefs: Fill out your poetry brackets

Sound briefs: Music to serve to



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...