Thursday, March 15, 2012

Just Imagine

Here are today's additions to my Daily Herald clip collection.

Courtesy of IGA Publicity

Imagine Dragons is the latest up-and-coming band with Provo roots, and they're starting to make it big. They're on a national tour, including stops at SXSW, and will release an album with Interscope Records later this year. On their tour they stopped in Provo, and the show sold out so quickly they planned another show later in the month - which also sold out.

One thing that's cool is that I actually know their lead singer, sort of. Dan Reynolds was in my ward at The Colony apartments. He doesn't remember me, but I remember him playing "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers at the ward talent show. That was before forming this band. His cousin, Joe Meservy, was also in the ward and used to do publicity for Imagine Dragons. And now, Joe is married to a friend of Erin's from Texas. So all kinds of crazy connections.

The band is really good too. I could listen to "It's Time" all day.

So it was a lot of fun to write this story.

One-time Provo band can Imagine big breakthrough

My second story was about "Anne of Green Gables" at the Covey Center for the Arts. The timing was perfect on this, because Erin just checked out the movies from the Provo Library and I watched the first half of the first movie with her.

Canadian rhapsody: Know escape from reality in 'Anne'

Great headline.

And, the briefs:

Sound Hot Ticket: All's well that ends in Wells

Perfect Date: Enter the Echo chamber

Sound Briefs: Ticking the ivories

Arts Briefs: None shall pass - without a ticket




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...