Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Happy Ending

I'll give you an update of my first week at work, but first:

A happy ending - Honor and forgiveness go together

I wrote an editorial about my thoughts on Brandon Davies returning to BYU after his famous Honor Code suspension in March. My immediate reaction to the news was that I hope people notice that even though BYU and the LDS Church might hold people accountable for breaking rules that aren't recognized by the rest of the world, we can still give second chances.

Courtesy of The Daily Universe
One thing that was unique about the writing process on this was that the current opinion editor, Allie McCoy, actually wanted me to make it longer! That doesn't happen to me very often.

The rest of my week has been filled with running the website. Since Sunday night, a lot of the stories you see and the photos that go with them were put on the website by me! It's been busy, but pretty easy and fun.

One of the coolest things I got to do was a Cougar football podcast. I'm finishing up with editing that, and we'll post it on The Daily Universe website soon.

1 comment:

  1. J.J., just wanted to let you know that I think you're doing a great job on web desk. The Twitter feed has been great. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...