Friday, May 13, 2011

Immigration: Discuss.

Back in the good ol' days at the Brimhall Building, I took the COMMS 420 class. That was the class where I came up with these classics:

Rise and shout! But will you tweet it out?
Cougar sports by the numbers (and its various versions)
Huntsman to toss hat into ring?

Also in that class, we were the guinea pigs for a joint project with broadcast and multimedia communications students. The Daily Universe would start a special website solely for stories on the topic of immigration, with videos and graphics and articles.

The project was a success in some ways and not quite in other ways. For the most part, I enjoyed it. I teamed up with broadcast student Elora Murray for both of my stories. I learned a lot and I think I came up with some pretty good stories. I didn't learn a whole lot about broadcast or multimedia, haha, but it was great to work with Elora and other broadcast and multimedia students, if nothing else to make new friends.

My stories:

Law enforcement simply enforces the law
(video by Elora)

This one I am particularly proud of:
Immigration lawyers dedicated to their cause
(Elora did a video for this one too, but I'm not sure if it's on the website yet or not.)

And here's the website where you can see all the other work done by my friends in the Comms department:

Immigration Nation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...