Monday, February 21, 2011

In the Deseret News once again!

My BYU athletics budget story (parts one and two) was in the Deseret News and on KSL.com!

In the Des News:

BYU sports budget rundown shows what sports profit, cost
(part one)
BYU's sports budget not seeing red ink financing smaller sports (part two)

At KSL.com:

Football key to BYU's athletic budget (part one)
BYU football brings athletic budget back to black in tough economy (part two)

I still don't know for sure if the story has appeared in the print edition of the Deseret News. I know it wasn't in Friday's paper, at least. But I'll have to get my hands on some copies as soon as it does.

I've gotten a few e-mails from readers, most of them saying: "Well, yeah, duh, but tell us about Title IX!" The Title IX aspect of university budgets is interesting, for sure. I just picked something else to talk about this time around.

If any of you want to do your own Title IX-themed investigation, or any investigation into athletics budget numbers, here's how:

1) Go to http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/WebsiteUpdatedMessage.aspx
2) Click on "Go to login page"
3) Then click on "Get data for one institution"
4) Then search for Brigham Young University (or any other college you're interested in looking at)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...