Monday, May 16, 2011

Clarification

Some things I wrote on my blog more than two weeks ago are still generating responses from people, including a couple of anonymous commenters. So it looks like I need to provide a little clarification.

In my first 2 1/2 days at The Brooklyn Paper, I wanted to tell anyone interested how my internship was going so far. At the time, it was still a culture shock for me. And I suppose I should have waited until that shock died down before interpreting it and commenting on it, at least publicly online. Some of the responses were trying to encourage me that things will get better, which is nice, but others seemed to be annoyed by my negative mood and others told me complaining on my blog was a bad idea (which they're right about). I didn't mean it to sound like complaining, just to sound like I had a lot to get used to.

I can assure you that my internship has gotten better in the past two weeks, things are going well, I'm learning a lot, I'm gaining a lot of experience ... I'm glad I'm here. I mean, my byline is being published on the front page of a New York City newspaper. I can't ask for much more than that. Whatever happens in the future, I know my few weeks here will be good preparation and a positive contribution to what I end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...