Monday, May 16, 2011

NBA and Repoussé

Two more stories - one's even a sports story:

Nets Lopez was the 'center' of attention on Bergen Street

Starting the 2012-2013 season, the New Jersey Nets will be playing in Brooklyn. Every once in a while, one of the Nets' stars visits the construction site of the new arena for a photo op. But Brook Lopez, their leading scorer and blocker last year, also visited the neighborhood around the arena.

When my editor let me know that the emphasis should be on the neighborhood visit, not so much the arena, it helped me write what he was going for the first time. He just added some more information about Bark Hot Dogs (since I had never been there, I didn't know their hot dogs were "special, organic, free-range, grass-fed, hand-massaged," haha. But other than that, it was like I got it right the first time.

Also, there's a new art exhibit at Prospect Park. What makes this different is that it's outside, even out on Prospect Park Lake.

Artist Robert Lobe can see the trees for the forest

Both my editor and Erin liked the lead to this story.

I was proud of both of these stories, not necessarily because it's hard-hitting news or because I wrote them beautifully, but because they didn't need a complete editing overhaul. Writing here is becoming a little easier, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...