Tuesday, November 13, 2012

How cute

Here's my take on recreational marijuana being legalized in Colorado and Washington, in today's The Daily Iowan:

Like I said in my election reaction post, legalizing marijuana makes me much more worried about the state of our nation than having President Obama in the White House. I know there are legitimate arguments for why legalizing marijuana is a good thing. But I can't just bring myself to support something that I know to be wrong, morally and spiritually. If it ever does become legal all over, it won't make me leave the country. And I'll enjoy the benefits from the added tax revenue. But if it's ever up to me, I won't legalize it.

This is all moot anyway, because marijuana is still illegal by federal law. Hence the cartoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...