Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Five Black & White Movies You Must See - Even in 2010

I haven't had a cartoon in the paper for a long time, so it was nice to get this in there on Tuesday's opinion page:


If 2010 is tough for the BYU Cougars, wait until next year when we go independent.

Then today, I had one of my articles from my feature writing class on the front page, as part of The Daily Universe's new "FYI" column. The "FYI" is going to be a weekly front page column that will be not so much hard news, but interesting, sometimes humorous, things like profiles or how-to articles.

Anyway, my "Five Black & White Movies You Should See - Even in 2010" was the first installment of the new column. Pretty cool.

Five black and white movies you must see

I collected a lot of art to go with the story, knowing that the copy desk couldn't use all of it but I figured the more I give them to work with the happier they'll be with me. :) I decided to get a movie poster and a still photo for each of the five movies. They ended up only using the Casablanca poster. But for you lucky blog readers, you get to see all of them!

It Happened One Night (1934)




Dr. Strangelove (1964)




Some Like It Hot (1959)




All About Eve (1950)




Casablanca (1942)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...