Monday, April 20, 2009

It's Better Just To Hold You, And Keep You Pacified

Erin is next to me soundly asleep. Snoring, in fact. Quite loudly. This is a very good sign.

It seems as though Erin has been struck with strep throat. I've never seen anyone so miserable. She hasn't had much sleep in the past couple of days, so the rumbling next to me signals progress. Despite my wide breadth of medical knowledge, I have been unable to cure her and send her on her merry way to take her final exams. Nope, we're just going to have to wait this one out. In the meantime, bring on the Jane Austen movies and the orange juice.

I guess this is what marriage will be like. Putting someone else before me. Doing whatever it takes to take care of someone else. I have to admit, it's harder than I thought! I wonder if I'm even doing a good job. But, to borrow from Nephi, "I know that [I] loveth [Erin]; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things" (1 Nephi 11:17).

As for me, I've only got one final left. I've worried all semester, but finals have been probably the easiest I've had so far. Two of them I even got done before finals week officially started, and two out of five are open-book, online tests. Lucky me. Maybe balancing a stressful job and 14 credits won't hurt my GPA as badly as I thought.

I'll be leaving for Oregon this Friday. This will be my first time really living there since January 2006, when I left for Argentina. Less than a week after returning to the United States, I left for school and have pretty much been here at BYU ever since. Every once in a while I get a weekend in Oregon. But now I get to stay for about four months. The goal is to make as much money as I can before it's me and Erin vs. the world.

I think we'll make it all right. Be it academic disappointment, demanding jobs, budgeting every last penny or strep throat, we'll make it through. I mean, this is us we're talking about. With Erin by my side, there's nothing I can't handle.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...