Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Who's In Charge Here?

The latest from the J Squared collection:

Who's in charge here?

I've been reading and listening about the oil spill, but I didn't know enough about it to come up with a column. But then I caught up on my Anderson Cooper 360° podcasts and became more informed.

One of the biggest hurdles in stopping and cleaning the Gulf oil spill is that no one is taking the lead. Finally, President Obama announced he was in charge, which of course is a huge political risk if this oil spill gets any worse. But it could also mean the end of stalling on the oil spill recovery.

So how is he doing so far? Billy Nungesser, the president of Plaquesmines Parish in Louisiana, is optimistic after meeting with President Obama last week.

This past week I've had a couple of experiences that made me feel like I was famous. Well, not really. But, my brother Trent was talking to one of his roommates about his brother J.J., and the roommate already knew who I was (sort of) because of my column in The Daily Universe. And, one of our copy editors told me about a friend who is usually highly critical of the Universe but told her he liked my writing. Maybe I'm not so bad at this after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...