Thursday, January 7, 2010

Rebirth!

This blog has found a new sense of purpose.

Since September I have become increasingly involved with the BYU newspaper, The Daily Universe. Last fall when I was waiting and preparing to be part of the BYU journalism program, I regularly contributed editorial cartoons for the Views & Opinions page. Cartoons of mine had been published before, but this time almost everything I submitted was included on the page, which motivated me to draw more. (Thanks, Heather!) As for this semester, it hasn't even been a week long and I will already have two cartoons published. (Thanks, Alexa!)

In addition to the cartoons, I also am taking Communications 321 this semester. In this class I essentially work as a reporter for the Universe, for free (other than college credit). In only a few days this assignment has been overwhelming and crazy. But I look forward to all of the experience that I will gain. I have been chosen to work for the sports desk, which is a little intimidating because even though I love sports I don't know a whole lot about it. I'm no ESPN armchair athlete. But I think I'll catch on and catch up quickly. And I'm jumping right into the thick of things. In fact, today I will be attending a press conference with Bronco Mendenhall, the BYU football coach (!).

Sometime soon, I'll post all the cartoons that I had last semester, and I'll start posting cartoons and articles from this semester. Hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. You are amazing. Seriously. I am so lucky to be your wife. I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...