Friday, January 29, 2010

Freshman Swimmer Rises To the Top (January 29, 2010)

One of my articles made it to the front page again! This time for the weekend edition:

Freshman swimmer rises to the top

Today is the end of a slow week. The swim team had a week off from competitions, and the gymnastics only had an away meet in Iowa.

But, I've got an exciting assignment for the weekend. Mike Scioscia, the manager for the Los Angeles Angels, is coming to Provo as the keynote speaker for the season kick-off dinner for the minor league team the Orem Owlz. I do love baseball, but to be honest I hadn't heard of him until the assignment came. :S It's one of my lifelong regrets that I haven't been paying as much attention to professional and college sports as does any other male on the planet. But, I'm catching up! I looked up some things and I'm looking forward more and more to meeting Scioscia. It'll be great. (Plus, I get to go to a fancy dinner for free!)

Look for that story on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...