Tuesday, April 2, 2013

MSG

Iowa basketball plays today at Madison Square Garden, in the "NIT Final Four."


Not a brilliant cartoon, but hey, it's something.

In an interesting turn of events, BYU is also in the quarterfinals. So I got to include both Iowa and BYU in a cartoon. And if Iowa beats Maryland and BYU beats Baylor, then my two schools will be playing each other in the NIT championship. Whaddaya know.

When we lived in New York, we never saw Madison Square Garden. Although, when my family came to visit, I went with them to Penn Station to try and figure out how to get them from there to New Jersey to their hotel. Penn Station is directly under Madison Square Garden.

I remember Erin, Allisyn, and I walking by the Flatiron Building and seeing Madison Square, and thinking, "Oh, this must be where Madison Square Garden is." Of course, later I realized Madison Square Garden is above Penn Station, which is eight blocks north. It wasn't until preparing this cartoon did I come across the history and reasons why Madison Square is in two different places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...