Thursday, February 3, 2011

Is it football season yet?

Don't get me wrong. I am infested with Jimmer Fever and I can't wait to cover the MWC Tournament in Las Vegas and hopefully a few NCAA Tournament games.

But with National Signing Day, I'm starting to get excited for football again.

Since no reporters were available yesterday morning, I filled in and went to a Signing Day event at Rio Tinto Stadium, where a few of Utah's top recruits signed their letters of intent. There were six there who were headed to BYU, and I talked to Austin Heder, Kesni Tausinga and Baker Pritchard. They were a lot of fun to talk to, especially Kesni. He's going to be a lot of fun for reporters in the future.

Here's my story:

BYU football signs recruits

BYU had its own press conference yesterday afternoon, and again no reporters could go. So Alex and Sarah went to this one. From what Alex said, it looks like the press conference wasn't so much about the new recruits as it was about the future of BYU football generally. About going independent, exposure on ESPN...Bronco was actually excited. And that's saying something.

Here's Alex's story:

Mendenhall enthused about future of program


Our good friend at the copy desk Brandon put together a chart listing all the new recruits. Click here and go to page 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...