Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Almost!

I remodeled my blog a few days ago, but with that change it seems that commenting on blog posts is no longer an option. :S Sorry, blogosphere. If anyone has any ideas or tips, pass them on. Other than that, I'll keep troubleshooting and experimenting...in between travel arrangements for my family, putting together music and a slideshow for a wedding reception, and other wedding preparations.

I get married in two days! After waiting six months, eleven months, or almost 23 years (however you want to look at it), the biggest day of my life is finally almost here. Erin's house is full of people, food, and flowers. More family is on the way (pray that they all get here!). Tonight Erin will be going through the temple and receiving her endowment, which is a major life event in and of itself. I am so excited to be a part of that, and to continue going to the temple together often for the rest of our lives. There we can be closer to God and serve others. And we will be blessed for staying worthy to enter the temple. We're lucky to be living in Provo for the next couple of years, where there is a temple close. After Provo, I don't know where we will be, but I am sure that we will make whatever effort necessary to be a "temple loving"* couple.

I can't believe that I'm really getting married!

* "...I...invite the members of the Church to establish the temple of the Lord as the great symbol of their membership and the supernal setting for their most sacred covenants. It would be the deepest desire of my heart to have every member of the Church be temple worthy...
"Let us be a temple-attending and a temple-loving people...The temple is a place of beauty, it is a place of revelation, it is a place of peace. It is the house of the Lord. It is holy unto the Lord. It should be holy unto us” (Jay M. Todd, “President Howard W. Hunter: Fourteenth President of the Church,” Ensign, Jul 1994, 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...